|Tennessee Pride Country Cornbread Dressing|
- 16 oz. Tennessee Pride Country Sausage (mild or sage)
- 1 ½ cups Chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups Chopped celery, including leaves
- 5 cups Dry day-old bread cubes
- 5 cups Cornbread, crumbled
- 2 tsp. Rubbed sage
- 1 tsp. Marjoram
- ½ tsp. Black pepper
- 2-3 cups Chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. Butter or margarine
|Cook sausage in large skillet until browned. Remove|
with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Cook
onion and celery in drippings in skillet until tender.
Combine sausage, cooked vegetables, bread cubes,
cornbread, sage, marjoram, and pepper in large mixing
bowl; blend well. Moisten with chicken broth.
Stuff into turkey and roast according to standard
roasting directions. Or, place in greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch
baking dish, dot with butter, cover, and bake 20 minutes
at 350° F. Uncover and bake 10 minutes or until
golden brown. Makes about 12 cups or 10 to 12 servings.